Thursday 28 February 2013

Vassdalseggi

Yesterday I was at the top of the world!!



Well, not exactly top of the world, but at least at the top of Rogaland! I skied to Vassdalseggi, the highest mountain in Rogaland. This was to make an article for Stavanger Aftenblad, so a really nice day at work for me and the journalist and the photographer. The weather was great, except for some strong winds at the summit. 

Vassdalseggi is at the border between the two counties Telemark and Rogaland, and I've heard that there's been some arguments on which county the peak is in, but it is established: it is in Rogaland! (yes, I am from Rogaland, no surprise! haha...). We left around 9am and returned at 5pm to Haukeliseter. The trip can be done quicker I believe, but the photographer was taking his time to get good shots, and I had to walk a bit back and forth and here and there a few times so that he could get the pictures he wanted.

The photographer steaming ahead in front of us.




Just before we reached the summit, a good colleague caught up with us and joined us for the rest of the trip. Here we are enjoying the view towards my favourite peak, Snønuten! A good day at work indeed! :-)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment