Tuesday 26 February 2013

Eight good helpers!

Today I've spent most of the day with a colleague and no less than 18 dogs! 

We've been out dogsledging for hours in great weather. This was my first time with eight dogs (I've only used six before) and there is a lot of power in these creatures! All of the dogs are Alaskan Huskeys - a bit different than my little Sausage....

While my colleague was standing there relaxed and holding the sledge with one hand and enjoying the view, I was on my end clinging on with both hands and hoping that my sledge would not tip in the turns. But I managed to snap a few shots to show the amazing view and weather! This must be Hardangervidda at its best!!






Man, this was great fun!! And for the first time, I was not freezing and could feel both my fingers and my toes the whole day. That made it even more fun! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment