Wednesday 9 October 2013

Towards Vassdalseggi

I have a group of guests that wants me to guide them on a trip to Vassdalseggi, the highest peak in Rogaland. A good initiative, but it's a long and a bit challenging trip from Haukeliseter that can take up to 9-10 hours, so I thought it was in it's place to take a look at the conditions there before I take any guests. So today's work has been hiking towards Vassdalseggi together with a good colleague and the Beard - can't complain really! ;-)

I love love love the colours these days, and even if it is cloudy, the light is great!


Kjelatind is hiding in the clouds. 


Up towards Lisledalen - quite foggy. Vassdalseggi to the left, Kistenut to the right. 





Why the sad face!?

One of the bridges across a river was a bit scary to walk on, as the middle section was gone. I didn't manage to watch while the Beard was balancing across on her own (she managed perfectly fine without falling in!).


We ended up deciding not to go all the way to Vassdalseggi, as the visibility got quite poor and it was extremely wet. I'm thinking that this trip is better during a dry summer day or on skis in the winter like last time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment