Sunday 13 October 2013

Hunting for grouse in Rauland

This weekend I was invited with some good friends to go hunting for grouse together with the Beard. She's been in training for hunting before I got her, so this was a good time to try it out. I haven't been hunting for years and never for grouse before - about time!

I had to take a group of guests out hiking before I left, so it got quite late before I drove off. And by the time I had parked the car and started hiking, it was quite dark. I had never been in the area before and only had a copy of pice of map and an instruction on a text message about where to go. I was informed should take me about two hours to reach the cabin where my friends were waiting (with no phone reception...).


After about 1,5 hours, I saw a headlamp in the distance and one of my friends came to meet me. Nice!
The morning after, I woke up to this view:




We went out hunting after breakfast and the Beard found a few birds, but none that we were close enough to shoot. Great fun anyway to try it out! And the Beard did a really good job, so I'm proud!! :-)





What, go hunting now?! Naaa....




No comments:

Post a Comment