Friday 12 July 2013

Afternoon paddling

A good friend helped me with some equipment a little while ago and I thought I would give him a bottle of wine as a thank-you for the help. His family's place is not far from my family's summer house. so I put the bottle in my kayak and went. Ok, I have to admit, it did not exactly start that smooth.... The first thing I did after getting the kayak in the water was to tip into the water myself while trying to get onboard the kayak. Water temperatures are NOT comfy yet, that's for sure!! So with a soaking wet shorts and blushing cheeks I was on my way!



Once I finally managed to get into the kayak, I had a nice paddle across the bay and got the bottle safely delivered. Luckily, the wind was with me on my way home, as I got a bit tired. Definately need to practise both entering the kayak and my paddling technique! :-)






Before I moved from London, I bought a set of wheels to my kayak. I've never actually used these before, so about time! And they're great! As my kayak is a decent sized sea kayak, it is fairly heavy for me to carry over some distance by myself (in addition to it being a bit long, so I bump it into everything!), so these wheels makes it a lot easier and more comfortable. I have also invested a small fortune in a new transportation system for the roof of my car, which lets me get the kayak on and off the roof of the car without too much trouble! Works great, but my credit card is still trying to recover...


No comments:

Post a Comment