Friday 5 July 2013

Back at the cabin

I've started my summer vacation (a loooooong one this year!!) and this week I was at my cabin for a couple of days. Haven't been there since Easter, so about time!

My little cabin is well hidden this time of year - can you spot it?!?

A lot of people have asked what the inside of my cabin looks like, so I took at few shots of the living room to show you. I have recently changed some of the furniture, so now it is a mix of stuff from several of my travels mixed with things I have inherited. I love it!


My mother has made the grey cushions. Thanks Mom, I love them!! The striped ones I bought on a market in Egypt and the rest are from the brand Lexington. The rug I bought on a surfing trip in Morocco and I haggled for three hours to get it and had to drink about two liters of sweet tea with the seller. Not very smart to buy it at the beginning of the vacation, as I had to carry it around all along the coast of Morocco afterwards! haha... The chair to the right I bought on a hippie market in Rio, Brazil and the table I inherited from my grandmother. The wooden tulips my mother has bought in Amsterdam and the wooden bowl at the table is also from my grandmother, and the grey candle holders are from Ittala/Marimekko and Rosental. The sheepskin the Beard is using as a bed is from Peninsula del Valdes in Argentina (another not so clever bargain that I had to carry around for a bit!).



Someone has made a little bridge just where we start the hike towards my cabin. A nice little surprise!


2 comments:

  1. For en nydelig blogg! Jeg er helt ny her - hvor ligger hytta? Og hvor er det du jobber for DNT? Fy filler, jeg ble inspirert i alle fall! :P


    Fortsatt god sommer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Å så hyggelig-takk!!
    Hytten min ligger i Suldal, ikke så langt fra Snønuten. Og jobben min er på Haukeliseter - Norges beste DNT hytte!! :-)

    ReplyDelete