Friday 31 May 2013

Kickbike



I got a new toy - a kickbike! Brilliant for exercise for both myself and the dogs. And it is great fun too! The bike comes in several different models, and they even have a version for snow! Check out Kickbike's website here.


Picture borrowed from kickbike.no

I got a bright red Sport G4, which works well on pavement and a bit of gravel. The front tire is quite large, so it is comfortable and runs well. I was surprised at how quickly it picks up speed! The sport handlebars are also quite comfortable, as you can change position on arms and hans.

I was considering getting a Cross Max with suspension on the front tire, but this one is a bit heavier and more suitable for pure offroad riding. It would be a good one for Haukeliseter tough! My plan was to mainly use it when I am home to exercise the Beard, but I realise it is perfect for transportation to and from the shop, to run errands, visit friends etc.

Below is a picture from when we got back from our first trip. The Beard was so tired, and then she had not even been pulling anything! She was more running next to me and the bike. I guess she need some practise to understand the concept a bit more. And since she is still young, she should not be pulling too much, so we can take this gradually I guess. And in the meantime, it means more exercise for me!! :-)

 
 
One should use "long" kicks and have the back straight and the upper body a bit low over the steering wheel. Not sure how good my technique is yet, but I'll get there!!  
 
How to kick
(Illustration borrowed from kickbike.no)
 
For those interested, there are competitions in kickbiking, both with dogs and without. I don't see myself there, at least not with the Sausage in the front of the bike! hahaha.... 
 
(partly sponsored)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment