Tuesday 9 October 2012

Touching the Void

A good friend lend me the book "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson. It is an old story from 1985, so nothing new, it is just me being really slow here... My friend thought of it when someone started singing "Brown girl in the ring" when we were at my cabin a few weeks ago! (you will understand that reference if you read the book!). Anyways, if you have not read it, I highly recommend it! There are also two films made of the same story, one of them a documentary. They are both on my list to watch!


It is a gripping story of two climbers having an accident while climbing in Peru and their struggle to survive and make it safe down from the mountain when one of them is badly injured. It is fascinating what some people manage to do to survive!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment