Friday 28 September 2012

Autumn in Michigan

Apologies for late update, but I have been traveling lately, this time back to Michigan in the US, where I used to live 15 years ago. Very nice to be back and see family and friends! And as always, I got to spend some time outdoors! :-)


Cranes outside our house - they are beautiful birds, but man do they make annoying noises!

Beautiful autumn weather in the countryside.
The excuse for my impulse trip to the US was a wedding. A lot of work with the preparations, but turned out to a great party with almost 200 guests!
After the wedding party we had a bonfire. Good times! 


After the wedding I went further north (towards Canada) to visit places where we spent a lot of time some years ago. Such a good trip down memory lane!

I had ordered a new hammock before I came (in addition to a lot of other gear, it is sooooo much cheaper in the US than Norway). I planned to spend a night in it when I was up north, but changed my mind as the weather was quite cold and I did not have a proper sleepingbag. AND the fact that there has been a lot of bears in the area lately...

Instead of real bear, I was visited by 4 months old german sheperd Bear as he tried to climb into the hammock.


 We spent a lot of time a the cabin up north when I was living in the US. I was lucky to go hunting a few times, also for deer with bow and arrow. Funny to be back and see the old treestand.

Last time I was at this river was when we went kayaking down it for a whole day. A great summerday with swimming and sun - this time it was some degrees colder....


A little chipmonk, or was it a squirrel?!

Deers not long from our house. The hunting season started the weekend I was there, so I guess they were running around a bit more than usual trying to get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment