Thursday 24 October 2013

Under the ice in Kyrkjesteinsskaret

I was back at the cabin this weekend on a long-planned trip. Luckily, the weather was ok, but winter is definetaly coming. That means skiseason soon, so I simply say WELCOME! :-)

I hiked up by myself after work on Friday with the Beard and her new backpack. Hers was empty, mine was heavy, including rum, coke and a newly purchased airgun. Later in the evening some friends arrived and scared me half to death, and thensome more arrived Saturday morning. Full cabin, great!!! :-)




We went for a hike up Kyrkjesteinsskaret on Saturday. First someone found some bouldering.



Then we ended up going UNDER the ice. Quite cool, got the feeling from the caves at Tellbreen at Svalbard.




Once back at the cabin, we had a shooting competition with the new airgun. I am not going to mention who won, but I definately need some practice... :-)


It was extremely windy Saturday night, and Sunday we woke up to a little white on the ground. Nice! After a late breakfast, some relaxing and one of the guests getting the radio in her head and then the need for some first aid to stop the bleeding, we headed home.





No comments:

Post a Comment