Friday 4 October 2013

Caveman at Hermods Hole

Haha, this job is funny! This afternoon I've been crawling around inside a cave! Our mission was so see if we can take a bunch of kids there on Sunday. And I think we will. There is however a chance that I will let the kids go inside and stand outside myself; the entrance was so narrow that I got quite claustrophobic when entering and exiting the cave...


 If you don't know where the entrance is, it is quite hard to find, as there is not much of an opening to get through:



But once inside, it opens up and is surprisingly spacious. But this is not really my cup of tea, what if the whole thing should collapse?!



I was told afterwards that the cave was used as a hiding place during the war. Quite cool! It got it's name from some guy called Hermod that two robbers tried to shoot to get the silver he was carrying. But the two robbers disagreed at when to shoot, so the one shot the other and Hermod with the silver got away. But the cave got his name (according to this website).


The weather has been grey today and a lot of rain. Hopefully it gets better over the weekend! Hope everyone has a good one, rain or sun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment