Monday 6 August 2012

Snønuten

One of my favourite moutains in the area near Stavanger is Snønuten. I was lead to believe for years that this was the highest peak in Rogaland, but apparently it is only the 6th highest one at 1606 meters above sea level... Oh well, I will still claim it is one of the nicest one, and since it is close to my dear cabin, it will always be one of my favourite peaks and a good destination for a daytrip.



Easiest way to get there is to hike from Mostøl (Turistforeningshytte) - http://liomseter.turistforeningen.no/cabin.php?ca_id=177 Mostøl is right by the road in the summer, so it is easy to drive there Friday after work and hike from there Saturday morning. In the winter one has to park further down and the hike up to Mostøl is about 1,5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment