Tuesday 1 April 2014

Ally

I got a new gadget, an Ally canoe from Bergans! It is foldable and easy to transport. Little did I know that it would take me forever to put it together! Hopefully it will take shorter time once I get the hang of it!

It is now easier to take the Beard paddling, as she doesn't fit in my kayak as well as the little sausage dog. I plan to use it on small lakes, and it has a carrier system that allowes you to put it on your back and carry it for some distance. So my head is now full of good plans on where to go once the ice is gone...



It easily fits two people and a dog and some luggage. This is one of the smallest versions of 15'.



Ok, I realise that there are no pictures showing the canoe in use... Hahaha... But I promise, we tested it on the Lutsi lake outside of Sandnes, we just didn't get any photos of it. And we didn't bother to dismantle it once we had used it, so we just put it on the roof of the car and drove home. Of course, we could not get it inside when it was in full size, so we had to take it all apart again anyway... Haha... But it takes shorter time to dismantle it than to build it!

I'm now trying to build the courage to put it back togheter next time I'm going to use it. Fingers crossed I don't take hours to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi ! I am looking into an Ally canoe as a way to adventure with my 2 dogs and keep them swimming and cool in the summer time. It sounds like you are using it with your dog? Are you able to strap it to your car by yourself. I like that it is light enough for me to move it with out help. I understand it is hard to put together, but I am willing to figure that out due to the benefits of having a light canoe that I can travel with or throw on a bush plane. How are you liking your Ally Canoe thus far?

    ReplyDelete