Sunday 23 December 2012

Dahab, Egypt

Honey, I'm hooome!! :-)

A break was needed, as the last months have been quite hectic. I didn't really have any big plans, so I just checked if there were any direct flights from Stavanger to a warmer place. I had two choices; Lanzarote or Sharm el Sheikh in Egypt. I decieded for Egypt and ended up in a little village called Dahab. A really relaxed place, great for windsurfing and diving.







I packed a small backpack and some books and left Stavanger in a snow blizzard. It was nice and warm in Dahab, but surprisingly cold in the evenings! I was going to chill and read my books and maybe take a few hikes. But after half a day like this:

... I decided it was time to move around a bit! So I ended up with a hike to Mt. Sinai to see the sunrise, trips in the desert, camping with Beduins, and visiting Jordan and Israel too! Almost a bit hectic at times, but what a great time I had! I met so many nice people, had great food and took two tons of pictures. Wait and see!

Before I left, everyone was very negative about traveling alone in Egypt. A nasty besserwisser-woman on the plane stated that I would be lucky if I didn't get raped! (what an amazing encouragement on your way to a new country!! Idiot-woman!!) But I have no idea what they were talking about, as the people I met were so nice, open and polite. I felt 100% safe the whole time, even when I was camping alone in the desert with the local Beduins. I guess Dahab is a little, cozy bubble, as the more commercialized areas like Sharm el Sheikh could be more intense. Anyway, I am glad I did not listed to these "warnings" and just went. And I am definatly going back!!


No comments:

Post a Comment