Thursday 29 November 2012

Warm wool for winter!

I am wearing wool year round, even in summer. It's comfy, keeps you warm even if it is damp and if it is proper wool (no fake blend!) then it doesn't stink after wearing it a few days. Perfect when you go on longer trips!

I have tried several different brands and models over the years, and recently I've discovered the Norwegian brand Aclima. I tried it out this summer when we went to Jan Mayen and I really loved it. So a little while back I ordered a whole bunch of stuff and received it all in the mail today. Happy happy!!


Among the things I ordered was a full one piece suit made in 100% wool. It will be perfect in the sleepingbag in the tent during the winter! Of course someone had to try it on...



I ordered my stuff from Jentesport, a shop dedicated to gear for girls. I am happy to see that over the last years, a lot of brands have made girl's models of their gear. It is not that long ago we were sailing or skiing in clothes that were too big in some areas and a bit too tight in others... I only wish that some of the brands were aware that also girls can come in tall versions! Very often they only make trousers etc in short lengths, which is not very suitable when you are 6 feet tall...

No comments:

Post a Comment