Monday 26 November 2012

Amsterdam

This weekend has been spent in Amsterdam! I went there with my best friend and tried to be a bit urban! Hahah... I am not very good at that! :-) But we had a great time, eating (too much!) food, shopping and a little bit of sightseeing. I had only been to Amsterdam a short stop before because of work, so it was nice to stroll around and take our time to look at the city. It is really pretty and very different with all its canals. We enjoyed walking in the narrow streets, where it did not feel like we were in a big city at all.

Just a few snapshots, had some trouble with my camera (I guess it is like me, it prefers cleaner, fresher air instead of polluted city air!)





We walked around for most of the time, but one afternoon it was raining so hard when we were headed back to the hotel that we ended up taking a bike taxi. I have never tried one of these before and I was laughing the whole bumpy ride back to the hotel! Great means of transportation in a flat place like Amsterdam, but man am I glad it is not me that has to bike all those heavy people and all their bags around! Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment